You might have heard this term, “SaaS” or?Software as a Service. So what is it and why is SaaS (which sounds very funny, yes) gaining its popularity in the recent years among businesses?
SaaS has become a trending concept in digital industries across the board. It started fairly long ago, in the 1990s on some level, but has only recently become a widely-discussed topic. It is a software distribution model in which applications are hosted by a vendor or service provider and made available to customers over a network, typically the Internet.?Historically, companies were required to buy, build, and maintain their IT infrastructures despite exponential costs. SaaS gives companies an alternative. Now, they can plug in and subscribe to services built on shared infrastructure via the Internet. The SaaS model has flourished in recent years because of the many benefits it offers to businesses of all sizes and types. Here?s what?s driving customers to take advantage of SaaS solutions:
It’s Easy to Get On Board
SaaS applications are available from any desktop or mobile device?any time, anywhere. As most people are already Internet savvy in finding what they need, SaaS apps tend to have high adoption rates, with a lower learning curve.
Flexible Subscription Costs
Almost all SaaS applications are subscription based with the occasional one-time setup fee. Also, no license fees are needed which mean lower initial costs. Having the SaaS provider manage the IT infrastructure means lower IT costs for hardware, software, and the people needed to manage it all.
Streamlined & Hassle-Free Upgrades
The SaaS provider manages all updates and upgrades, which means most of the time there are no patches for customers to download or install. The SaaS provider also manages availability, so there?s no need for customers to add hardware, software, or bandwidth as the user base grows.
Seamless Integration With Your Business
SaaS vendors with true multi-tenant architectures can scale indefinitely to meet customer demand. Many SaaS providers also offer customization capabilities to meet specific needs. Plus, many provide APIs that let you integrate with existing ERP systems or other business productivity systems.
Why SaaS is Popular for All Big and Small Enterprises
The popularity of SaaS is steadily increasing because it simplifies deployment and reduces customer acquisition costs. With SaaS, developers can support many customers with a single version of a product. This approach, called multitenancy, allows companies to scale as fast and as much as needed without replacing costly infrastructure or adding IT staff. The adoption of SaaS into any particular business model or operations can begin from scratch for a budding enterprise or gradually integrated to MNCs.
Most Popular Types of SaaS
- CRM Software ? Manage customer information, automate marketing, and track sales through the pipeline.
- ERP Software ? Improve process efficiency and empower information sharing across the organization, while giving management better insight into workflow and productivity.
- Accounting Software ? Since finance is the ?language of business?, you want to make sure your ?grammar and spelling? are perfect. SaaS accounting software helps you keep your finances organized and properly tracked, without needing a finance degree.
- Project Management Software ? Track scope, requirements, progress, changes, communications and deadlines to ensure projects get completed in the shortest possible time while meeting stakeholder requirements.
- Email Marketing Software ? Automate email marketing and relationship building, while optimizing message delivery.
- Billing and Invoicing Software ?? Safe time and improve customer satisfaction by automate billing and invoicing in order to provide customers with self-service payment options, reducing data entry costs, and eliminating expensive errors.
- Collaboration Software ? Simplify communications across the organization, prevent information silos, and empower employees to follow complex interactions more easily. A good collaboration system allows for more effective communications and a more productive enterprise.
- Web Hosting and Ecommerce ? Everything you need to do business on the Internet. This includes web hosting, CMS systems, Message Boards, Shopping Carts and more.
- HR Software ? Track employee hours, hire more intelligently, schedule more effectively, automate payroll, and manage every other aspect of your human resources management.
- Public Sector, Compliance and EDI ? Certain industries have standardized rules that must be strictly followed by all parties. Thankfully, you can leverage cloud applications to simplify inter-organizational communications and ensure that you?re following the rules.
- Vertical Applications ? Everything you need to operate a photography studio, martial arts dojo, real-estate firm, law office, medical practice, or just about any other business. Every industry has its own management applications, designed to optimize productivity and profitability.
- Transaction Processing ? Accept credit cards, process bank transfers, keep a tab, publish and track coupons, barter or even run a loyalty rewards program. Cloud software offers unlimited ways to accept payment for your products.
The list goes on and new types of SaaS emerges in the market from day to day. To find out more about how SaaS can help your business, call us at Helios Media Design?for a free consultation on constructing your marketing and creative needs alongside IT solutions that can improve your operations.
We’re always looking forward to hear from you!